PDA

View Full Version : Boosting Your PR (Page Rank) - Important!

d_johnny
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:07 AM
"The main source of good back links are directories. Sign up for as many as you can. And remember the best back links are not reciprocal. Try to find the directories that will not ask you to link reciprocally. Here are the main steps that will get you listed on a directory as soon as you sign up:

1. Make sure your site is ready to be reviewed by human editors. Do not submit your website while it is still under construction!

2. Find a good list of free directories. This may seem pretty obvious, but your choice of lists can greatly impact the amount of time required for the submission process. Look for lists that provide you with the information you need to decide if the directory is worth the effort, such as PageRank, is the link static, is registration required, and how long does it take to get listed.

3. Prepare your submission information in advance in a word processor program. Write several different versions of your site's title or link text, description and keyword list. Make several different lengths of each one, such as title or link text using 50, 75, and 100 characters. For your description, make them range from 100 - 250 characters. Same thing for your keyword list, make different lengths with and without commas.

If you find a site that allows more or less characters than you have in your "submission info list", consider writing a longer or shorter one and adding it to your list. Remember to rotate your title or link text a bit, so all your inbound link text is not identical.

Make sure your title flows smoothly into your description. Remember the character count allowed by most sites includes spaces and therefore, is larger than what your word processor counts as letters. Always check your spelling.

After you read number 4 below, you can copy and paste your prepared text into the form on the directories. Verify that all of what you pasted is shown in the form field and that the end is not chopped off. A lot of sites do not offer you a preview of what you have entered prior to submitting and it is hard, if not impossible to get your listing changed after the fact with many directories.

4. When you are ready to start submitting, go to the directory you have selected and choose the best category for your listing. If you choose a category just for its PageRank and if your site does not really fit in that category, a lot of sites will just reject you rather than move your listing to a more appropriate category.

I try to choose the most applicable category, with most PageRank, and the fewest listings. How do I do that? I have different titles and descriptions for my site aimed at different elements of my overall theme. As an example for this website, I can use computer hardware information, search engine optimization or marketing, and webmaster resources. That usually gives me multiple categories to choose from. I have had great success in getting this site listed following this approach.

If you follow these basic steps, your submission process can be relatively painless and successful.

That's it for now. Stay tuned for more on this subject.