PDA

View Full Version : Geographical location of web hosting company

methuselah
Mar 2nd, 2004, 08:47 AM
Dear all

I stay in UK. I found that there a range of web hosting companies offer rather competitive packages when compare with those from UK. Anyone from UK have any experiences hosting their websites in US, in terms of customer services, reliablility, server responses etc?

Is there any advantage/disadvantage of hosting web sites outside one's own country of resident?

I am thinking of hosting with exa-byte.com, does anyone has any experiences dealing with them? Their office is in Malaysia, but the servers are located at the US.

ksstudio
Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:31 AM
US has the best bandwidth in the world. While most of the Data Centers in US are running on 2000Mbps backbones while our local data center is still running on 155Mbps :(

That is why we choosed US to start our web hosting business 3 years back. :)

p/s: our website is exabytes.com :)

ksstudio
Mar 2nd, 2004, 11:59 AM
Sorry oswazi,

I am not self promotion,

methuselah typed our domain URL wrongly, please help me remove line 2 if that is not appropriate.

Martie
Mar 2nd, 2004, 12:07 PM
I think this may come down to a personal preference, as most hosts have different server locations.
We are based in Texas but have servers located in Baltimore, MD.
We also host globally, not just US clients.
My concern for you would be to check out the potential host as thoroughly as possible before signing up anywhere.
Here are a few suggestions:
http://forums.webhostdir.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5972
I cannot access the url you typed.